Mateusz Staniak and Przemysław Biecek, "Explanations of Model Predictions with live and breakDown Packages", The R Journal (2018) 10:2, pages 395-409.
- PhD studies in Mathematics, University of Wrocław (November 2019 - currently). Joint PhD programme with CenStat @ Hasselt University.
- PhD studies in Computer Science, Warsaw University of Technology, 2018-2019 (unfinished due to personal reasons).
- Magister (MSc equivalent) in Mathematics, University of Wrocław, 2018, final grade: 5.
- Licencjat (BSc equivalent) in Mathematics, University of Wrocław, 2016, final grade: 5.
- Software engineer in Olga Vitek’s Lab (Northeastern University), MSstats and Cardinal: Next Generation Statistical Mass Spectrometry in R grant from Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, February 2020 - January 2021.
- Research assistant at the University of Wrocław - NCN grant 2016/23/B/ST1/00454 Model selection for high dimensional data with SLOPE method - theoretical properties and applications (PI: prof. Małgorzata Bogdan), October 2019 - currently.
- Research assistant at the Warsaw University of Technology - NCN grant 2016/21/B/ST6/02176 MLGenSig: Machine Learning Genetic Signatures (PI: prof. Przemysław Biecek), December 2018 - May 2019.
- Research assistant at the University of Wrocław - FNP grant Powroty/2016-1/2 First order Kendall maximal autoregressive processes and their applications (PI: Barbara Jasiulis-Gołdyn, PhD), November 2016 - July 2018.
- PI in the National Science Center, Poland grant PRELUDIUM 2020/37/N/ST6/04070 Protein inference and quantification: a regularization approach awarded in 2020 (author of the grant application).
- BOF 2020 BILA grant for the bilateral cooperation (joint PhD) between Hasselt University and University of Wrocław, awarded by the Hasselt University in 2020 (co-author of the grant application).
- Travel grant for a visit at the Northeastern University under the PROM programme at the University of Wrocław, 2020.
- R programming (package development, Shiny, data analysis)
- Git + GitHub
- Statistics and Machine Learning
- Public speaking
B.H. Jasiulis-Gołdyn, M. Staniak, "Fluctuations of extremal Markov chains of the Kendall type", arxiv e-print, 2019.
Mateusz Staniak and Przemysław Biecek, "The Landscape of R Packages for Automated Exploratory Data Analysis", The R Journal (2019).
Talks and posters
Conference talk at Oblicze student conference, Poznań, Poland
Conference poster at Oblicze student conference, Poznań, Poland
Conference talk at Extreme Value Analysis 2017, Delft, Netherlands
Conference talk at ISSPSM 2017, Debrecen, Hungary
Conference talk (short) at Why R? 2017, Warsaw, Poland
Conference poster at 2nd Interdisciplinary FNP conference, Warsaw, Poland
Workshop talk at Berlin Symposium 2017: Modern Statistical Methods From Data to Knowledge, Berlin, Germany
Conference talk at XV Probability Conference in Będlewo, Będlewo, Poland
Conference talk at IMS 2018, Vilnius, Lithuania
Conference talk at Joint meeting of the Italian Mathematical Union, the Italian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics and the Polish Mathematical Society, Wrocław, Poland
DALEX: Descriptive mAchine Learning EXplanations. Tools for exploration, validation and explanation of complex machine learning models
Invited talk at AG DANK Herbsttagung 2018 , Stralsund, Germany
Conference poster at ML in PL Conference, Warsaw, Poland
Conference talk at Theoretical Foundations of Machine Learning 2019, Kraków, Poland
Invited talk at University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Conference talk at 40th Annual Conference of the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics, Leuven, Belgium
Conference talk at Why R? 2019, Wrocław, Poland
Slides for all my presentations are available on this GitHub repo
- Summer internship at Donostia International Physics Center, San Sebastian (Spain), July - September 2019. Topic: Machine Learning for predicting geometrical properties of nanoparticles from optical spectra, supervisor: Marek Grzelczak, PhD.
- Summer internship at the Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science, Warsaw University of Technology (Poland), July 2017. Topic: Local interpretability of machine learning models, supervisor: Przemysław Biecek, PhD.
- Summer internship at the Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science, Warsaw University of Technology (Poland), July - August 2016. Topic: Visualizing the results of PISA studies, supervisor: Przemysław Biecek, PhD.
- 9 - 13 December 2019: research visit at the Hasselt University. Topic: Shared peptides for protein quantification.
- 10 - 23 November 2019: research visit at the Northeastern University in Olga Vitek’s lab. Topic: Post translation modifications in TMT-based protein quantification.
- 8 - 19 July 2019: research visit at the Hasselt University. Topic: Shared peptides for protein quantification.
- 19 - 23 March 2018: research visit at the Warsaw University of Technology. Topic: Kendall random walks.
- 26 - 31 March 2017: research visit at the Warsaw University of Technology. Topic: Laws of large numbers for Kendall random walks.
Small research projects
- Evaluation of statistical methods for Hydrogen-Deuterium Exchange Mass Spectrometry at the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, June - September 2019.
- R implementation of a method of generating explanations for Machine Learning models (CRAN package localModel) as a part of the NCN 2017/27/B/ST6/01307 grant (DALEX), October - November 2018.
- Medical and environmental data analysis at University of Warsaw (NCBiR grant POIR.01.01.01-00-0328/17 in collaboration with LekSeek sp. z.o.o.).
- Medical and environmental data analysis in a project conduncted for FarData sp. z.o.o.
Prizes and scholarships
- Stipend of the Minister of Science and Higher Education for the best students, 2017.
- Rector’s stipend for the best students (University of Wrocław, awarded 4 times 2014 - 2017).
- Helper at the Data Carpentries workshop “Data Analysis and Visualization in R” at the University of Warsaw, online, June 2021.
- Instructor in a tutorial “Introduction to MSstats ecosystem and MSstatsTMT” at the May Institute, organized online by the Olga Vitek group, May 2021.
- Instructor in a short course “Statistical Design and Analysis of Quantitative Proteomics Experiments with TMT Labeling: Case Studies with MSstatsTMT” organized by the Olga Vitek Lab, online, March 2021.
- Instructor in a short course on Intermediate R as a part of the ASMS Fall Workshop (November 2020).
- Instructor in two workshops on Interpretable Machine Learning in R: at the eRum 2018 conference (Budapest, Hungary, May 2018, with P. Biecek) and at the Why R? conference (Wrocław, Poland, July 2018).
- Two presentations at the Wrocław R users group meeting: Machine learning in R (January 2018), Interpretability of machine learning models (May 2018).
- Member of the Wrocław R users group and co-organizer of its meetups (https://stwur.pl, 2017 - currently).
- Member of a research group MI2 Warsaw / MI2 Data Lab (https://mi2.mini.pw.edu.pl, 2016 - 2019).